With this app you can create and file ICAO flightplans directly from your iPhone and/or iPad. This application is to be used solely by aviation pilots holding a valid pilot license. Aviation authorities require us to validate you as a qualified pilot, to validate your mobile phone number and e-mail address before you can use our app to file flightplans.
With the free version of our flightplan app you can file VFR, IFR and Y/Z composite flightplans, do a basic search for IFR routes, validate IFR routes with Eurocontrol and file. After filing your flightplan you can delay or cancel your flightplan. The app will keep you up-to-date to any flightplan messages you might receive.
If you plan to fly inbound to the UK, you will appreciate our integration with www.onlinegar.com to file GAR forms and manage customs and border control formalities.
We added Apple Watch support. Your Apple Watch will notify you of changes in the status of your current and upcoming flightplan(s). You can even delay your flightplan right from your watch.
We moved from a free app where you pay-as-you-go by buying “credits” in the Apple AppStore to an updated free version with pro features offered through a yearly subscription. If you still have credits left from a previous version of our app, they will automatically unlock these pro features when updating the app. When filing flightplans the remaining credits will reduce. If you have no more credits left, you can opt to subscribe to our pro features and support or to continue using the free app without these features. Any unused portion of your remaining credits will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
From within our flightplan app you can subscribe to the following Pro Features:
– A professional briefing pack that can be generated from within the app and sent to you by e-mail to keep for further reference as well as to save the briefing pack to your tablet device for in-flight reference.
– Where available the approach plates and aerodrome charts. They are sent in a PDF by e-mail so that you can save them to your tablet of choice for in-flight reference.
– A more advanced IFR routing engine covering the Eurocontrol area where you will benefit from better and more optimal IFR routes.
– A Gramet chart can be selected from the dropdown menu showing the GFS-model forecasted weather enroute.
– Integration from within the flightplan app with our aviation weather service.
– We provide an InApp chat service to support you.
– We have plans to add 24/7 phone support in the fall of 2015 for emergency situations where you are stuck on the apron and cannot depart due to issues with your flightplan.
Our InApp Purchase service is called: “Pro Aviation Data and Services”. The subscription runs for 12 months and starts with a one month trial period and auto-renews at the end of the 12 month period. The price is shown within the app when you select the service. The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation or refund of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. A trial period of 1 month is provided for you to try out the Pro Features and of course you can always stop renewing your subscription or stop the trial subscription. Any unused portion of the free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.